Disputes about whether it is possible to eat soups while losing weight are ongoing. Some believe that they are good for the body, while others, on the contrary, talk about the dangers of soups. However, all of this debate revolves around classic fatty soups.
If we talk about soups that can be eaten in the process of losing weight, then we mean dishes with a low fat content and a minimum calorie content. Such a dish can quickly saturate, satisfy hunger for a long time, warm it up in a cold winter, and most importantly, not harm the figure.
Experts say that regular consumption of first courses has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract, and also normalizes the fluid balance in the body. The latter is especially important for those who forget or simply do not like to drink the required amount of water.
How to cook a soup for weight loss
As we said earlier, when losing weight, you should give preference to soups that are low in fat and low in calories.
In order to prepare such a soup, you must adhere to several rules:
- Prepare broth using fish, lean meat, lean chicken or turkey parts. You can also make soup with vegetable broth.
- You should refuse vegetable fries, since a large amount of oil is used for their preparation. However, using a good non-stick skillet, you can fry the onions and carrots a little without oil.
- So that the soups you prepare can be eaten with a clear conscience while losing weight, try to put a limited amount of cereals. Remember, buckwheat, rice, barley and other cereals contain a large amount of carbohydrates. Their excess can lead to weight gain.
- Pay close attention to how much potatoes you add to your soup. When losing weight, you also need to monitor its amount. 2-3 medium potatoes are enough for a casserole of soup.
- Discard the bouillon cube. Its composition is poor. Use herbs such as dill, parsley, cilantro, and more to add even more flavor to your soup.
- When losing weight, you can also cook mashed potatoes and cold soups, for example, okroshka.
- Forget mayonnaise, which many people like to add to soups. Give your preference to a little sour cream.
What can be used to make soup for weight loss
So that the soup does not negatively affect your weight loss, it is important that it is balanced and contains only healthy ingredients. A large proportion of the soup during weight loss should be given to various vegetables. This can be white cabbage, green beans, green peas, mushrooms, cauliflower or Brussels sprouts, broccoli, celery, and many others. When preparing puree soup, it is allowed to add a small amount of 10% cream.
You can add a limited amount of cereals that contain vegetable protein. For example, 50 grams of lentils, beans, chickpeas, or peas.
You should also remember about animal protein, because it is he who gives us long saturation and is a muscle builder. Chicken, turkey, lean beef, and veal make a great base for your dietary soup.
You can find recipes for soups that you can eat while losing weight here